Let’s face it, it’s just easier to hit the drive through or your favorite restaurant for lunch. It seems that there just isn’t enough time in the day to prep a lunch to take to work, let alone a healthy lunch for work. Well not anymore! Check out these 4 healthy lunches to bring to work!
This healthy sweet and sour mixture will be an explosion for your taste buds and a waistline cincher!
- about ½ cup of sweet and sour sauce
- 3 small stalks of broccoli, cleaned, cut into small florets and blanched
- 1 TB of sesame oil,
- black sesame seeds,
- a handful of roasted cashews,
- and 2 stalks of sliced green scallions.
Mix ¼ a cup of sweet and sour sauce with the broccoli in a large bowl. Make sure each piece of broccoli is evenly coated. Drizzle a tablespoon of sesame oil over the broccoli and mix well. Add in sesame seeds, roasted cashews and mix. Finally, add in the scallions, give it one last stir, and add in more sweet and sour sauce if desired.
Having a delicious burrito bowl doesn’t require that you go to Chipotle! This delicious burrito bowl recipe will leave your hunger satisfied and your wallet a little bigger.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup salsa, homemade or store-bought
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
For the chipotle cream sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste*
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more, to taste
- To make the chipotle cream sauce, whisk together sour cream, chipotle paste, garlic, lime juice and salt; set aside.
- In a large saucepan of 1 1/2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; let cool and stir in salsa; set aside.
- To assemble the bowls, divide rice mixture into serving bowls; top with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with chipotle cream sauce.
Easy to make and deliciously satisfying!
- 2 large romaine hearts, washed and chopped
- 1 cup pulled cooked chicken breast
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3/4 cup sweet corn (I grilled mine)
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup cilantro, washed and chopped
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup BBQ dressing, if desired
- In a large bowl add lettuce, top with all ingredients except for avocado and BBQ dressing. Toss salad gently.
- Place into cold salad bowls. Garnish with diced avocado and drizzle with BBQ dressing if desired. Serve with low-fat corn tortilla strips.
You can never go wrong with a simple sandwich for lunch. It’s tasty, quick, and easy!
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, pitted and thinly sliced
- 5 ounces arugula or sprouts
- Combine the beans, olive oil, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Roughly mash until it comes together but is still a little chunky. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the bean mixture among four slices of the bread, spreading in a single layer. Top each with some red onion, sliced cucumber, avocado, and arugula or sprouts. Season with additional salt and pepper. Top with the remaining slices of bread and serve.