This February 14th, Sole wants you to treat yourself! We’re celebrating love by learning to love ourselves! And what better way to do that than to indulge in a little sweet treat as a reward for all the hard work you’ve been putting in this year! Check out these 4 healthy Valentines Day treats that will conquer your sweet tooth without any of the guilt. Be sure to spread the love and share your treats with those you love the most!
1. Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
Start your Valentine’s Day of right with a tall stack of Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes! YUM.
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup flour (ww pastry, white, spelt, or Bob’s gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 2/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sugar or 1 packet nunaturals stevia
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil (Omit only if you like the taste of fat-free pancakes)
Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes: Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, then add wet. Mix, but don’t overmix. Cook on an oiled (or sprayed) pan, on low-medium, flipping each pancake once. You can boil some more strawberries (with a bit of sugar if you wish) and smash them to make a compote.
Or top with fresh berries and Homemade Healthy Whipped Cream.
2. Salted Caramel Truffles
These delicious truffles from Tone It Up will leave you wondering how they could possibly be healthy…. But they are!
- 1 ½ cups dates, pitted
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tbs warm water
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt + more for garnish
- ¼ cup dark chocolate or carob chips
- Soak dates for a few minutes in hot water to soften. Once soft, discard the water and add dates along with remaining ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) into a blender or food processor. Blend until well combined.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- When ready, use a small ice cream scooper to divide the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. You can also use a spoon to roll out balls.
- Melt chocolate or carob chips in a double boiler or in the microwave. If you’re microwaving, melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Dip each caramel ball into the melted chocolate and place back on parchment paper. Add a couple pieces of salt, or your favorite garnish on top. We also love cacao nibs or coconut flakes.
3. Healthier ‘Reese’s’ Hearts
If there is one thing that screams ‘Valentines Day is here!’, it’s the Reese’s hearts you can find stocked up in every gas stations, grocery store, and any other corner store known to man. There is no denying that a mouth full of sweet chocolate and salty peanut butter satisfies the taste buds like no other packaged dessert, but that satisfaction comes at a cost. Those tiny little hearts are packed full of sugar and sodium that will delight at first, but leave you crashing a burning later on.
That’s why when a recipe comes along that offers that same great Reese’s taste without all of the guilt, we are going to jump all over. Thankfully, there is such a recipe and you can find it here!
4. Chocolate Caramel Marvel Cake
Finally, to really satisfy you chocolate lovers we bring you the Chocolate Caramel Marvel Cake! With a texture close to that of a sponge cake, you won’t even realize you are eating some body loving foods!
- 1 scoop chocolate Perfect Fit Protein
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. dark chocolate chips
- 12 medjool dates
- 1 cup warm water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Whip egg white in a medium bowl. Add in almond milk & vanilla extract. In a separate bowl mix the Perfect Fit Protein, coconut sugar and baking powder together.
- Combine wet mixture into dry, fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into microwave-safe ramekin. Warm up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Let cool. Top with a vegan Caramel Sauce.
- Place medjool dates, warm water, salt and vanilla extract in a food processor and grind until you reach a sauce-like consistency.
- Drizzle over cake. Place extra in the refrigerator. Add in yogurt, coffee, a smoothie or ice cream!
This February 14th we hope you have a day full of love and most importantly, healthy Valentine’s Day treats!