It’s Summer time and the living is easy. It’s time to celebrate our Independence with friends, family, fun, and most importantly some delicious treats. Here are three healthy and festive Fourth of July Foods to enjoy this holiday.
Nothing quite says summer time like a juicy piece of watermelon! The rich colors of watermelon make it a perfect treat for your Independence Day celebrations. It’s not just great to look at, watermelon has tons of health benefits too! Made up of mostly water, watermelon will help you to stay hydrated during your hot, summer celebration. The fruit is also soaked with nutrients including Vitamins A, B6, and C. It is loaded with antioxidants and amino acids as well.
These festive treats will cool you off and delight your taste buds! Filled with healthy, body loving ingredients, these popsicles are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth without any of the guilt.
- 1 cup cubed watermelon
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup yogurt of choice
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp. agave
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a food processor, blend cubed watermelon and raspberries. You can add a splash of coconut water if needed.
- Pour into molds and fill 1/3 of popsicle. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Blend yogurt, coconut cream, and agave with 1/3 cup coconut water. Pour into Popsicle mold another third. Freeze for another 15 minutes.
- Blend blueberries and 1 cup coconut water and pour to the top of your molds. Freeze for 1 hour! Take Popsicles out of freezer and run the outside under warm water for 10 seconds. Slip out Popsicles and serve! They’re also delicious in a glass of white wine 😉
What’s more American than a delicious S’more? Maybe a big scoop of ice cream. Now you can have the best of both worlds and you’ll scream for this S’mores Banana Ice Cream.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips (plus more for sprinkling)
- 4 graham crackers, crushed (plus more for sprinkling)
- 1/2 c. mini marshmallows (plus more for sprinkling)
- Slice bananas into thin coins. Spread out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours, or until frozen.
- Blend bananas in a food processor (or a blender) until smooth. Fold in crushed graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate chips, then transfer mixture to a loaf pan. Garnish with more graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate chips, and freeze until solid, about 1-2 hours more.